Monday, April 2, 2012

second secret revealed!

So, that 3D star I posted a few weeks ago was a trophy. 3FE asked me to make something, anything, that could be given as a trophy to the newly crowned Irish Cup Tasting Champion. The Championship was going to be held during Tamper Tantrum, their weekend-long coffee event. Being asked to make it was fantastic. So often in the course of designing thing I come up with fantastic shapes, objects and ideas but these things have no clear meaning or purpose, they are just great objects. So as soon as I was told the trophy could be "anything, something you have always wanted to make" I jumped on the opportunity to revisit some small paper triangles I had been messing around with in January. A few days later, the 3D Star was born. I really like it as an object and now want to stop working on anything meaningful and just make dozens of them in various sizes.... one day... Below are a couple of shots stolen from Twitter of the star at the event, the black and white one is of Cup Tasting Champion Al Higgins with his newly-won trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment