Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy Mike Day

Another gift for Mike, another excuse to spend a day making things!

Starting with a simple candle design I decided to make 28 paper candles to adorn his gifts (what with him turning 28 and all). I went with 7 different colours and printed them on matte photo paper, so they have a bit of rigidity but the folds don't fray or break like a thicker/coated card would. I just folded them into little three sided pieces and tucked them in with a flap.

I decided not to glue them so that they are easy to store and can be used again.

I'm fairly certain that the "font in the shape of a flame" has been done many times before, but it made for some fun presentation anyway.

One of his gifts was a few choice beers, which are really boring things to gift wrap, so I made them a folio/box. It is open on either end so each beer was wrapped in a piece of kraft paper to hide their true identity.





No comments:

Post a Comment